Handling homeowners insurance claims in Iowa starts with a survey of the damage and we recommend that policyholders contact a qualified estimator with a roofing contractor or local siding installation specialist to take a look.
VanWeelden Company has been working with insurance companies operating in the Des Moines area for well over a decade. We know what they need to most efficiently and properly process a roofing or siding homeowners insurance claim.
Here are a few tips for you to follow and things to know about working with your insurance carrier:
- Contact a qualified contractor and schedule a free onsite inspection to determine if damage was incurred
- If damage has been verified, contact your insurance agent or claims adjuster to request an inspection
- Your agent can authorize any temporary repairs necessary to prevent further damage to your property
- Insurance companies typically require receipts for any emergency repairs in order to reimburse you correctly for any work you’ve completed
- We suggest you take photographs of the damage prior to making any repairs
- Do not make any permanent repairs until the insurance claims adjuster has had an opportunity to inspect the damaged area
- Once the inspection is complete, you should receive a claim sheet outlining the scope of damage, and the funds being made available for the repairs, minus your deductible
- VanWeelden Company offers free insurance and claims assistance